The Plank is one of the best exercises because it works multiple muscle groups at one time; abs, core, upper body, back, lower body. Give this 5-Day plank challenge a try and let me know how you do!
Day 1: The Plank
Hold a plank for 30 seconds – 2 mins, based on your fitness level. Pick your level from the picture. * If you are just starting, you can hold 10 secs, take a break, hold 10 more, take a break, etc .. but get at least 30 seconds.
- make sure wrist are under elbows & elbows under shoulders
- butt stays low and tight (not high in the air)
- stomach is tight, belly button pulled in
- breath while you hold the position!!
Day 2: Side Plank
Tighten your core and abs. *Knee on the ground is modified
(A) Hold each side for 30-60 seconds (or longer)
(B) Reach under your body and then straight up. Keep hips stacked and abs tight. Don’t move the hips.
Day 3: Plank with Knee Tuck
Work your shoulders, core and abs.
*use a towel if on wood floor | *modified version, alternate one knee
Both- keep butt low, abs engaged and contracted, wrist under shoulders. *30-60 seconds
Day 4: Up / Down Plank
Abs, core and shoulders will engage and strengthen. | * Top is modified.
* Do 10 on each side, or 30 seconds, and then switch sides. Rest and repeat.
* Keep abs tight and engaged, hips square and control the movement
Day 5: Plank Combo
Total body workout. Here is your combo challenge. Begin with the plank and do each exercise 30-60 seconds, and rest 10-20 seconds between each exercise.
Go through 2x. Make sure you get both sides (right first time, left 2nd time).
Modify if needed. Keep core tight and abs engaged.
I run free 5 Day challenges, send free meal plans and more for my Beachbody clients and customers. I notify them by email so please sign up for your free account so you don’t miss the notifications.
Healthy fried rice? Yes, it is possible. Here’s how.
Total Time: 22 min. | Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min. | Yield: 4 servings, about ¾ cup each
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 large egg whites
1½ cups cooked brown rice, cooled
8 oz. cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, chopped
4 oz. fresh peas (about ½ cup) (optional)
2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 green onion, thinly sliced (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion begins to soften. Reduce heat to medium.
3. Add egg whites; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs start to set.
4. Add rice, chicken, peas, and soy sauce; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
5. Divide evenly into four serving bowls; garnish evenly with green onion.
Recipe found on the Team Beachbody Website
For a hearty breakfast shake, try this recipe!
Total Time: 5 min. | Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: None | Yield: 1 serving
½ cup water
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
1 Tbsp. quick-cooking rolled oats
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup ice
1. Place water, almond milk, Shakeology, oatmeal, applesauce, cinnamon, and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 301 mg
Carbohydrate: 27 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 13 g
Protein: 17 g