Losing weight can be simple. It’s about portion size, how many calories you consume and exercise, how many calories you burn. Here are a few tips to help you lose 10 lbs.
Here are 10 super simple switcharoos that each cut 100 calories or more. Try just one every day, and you’ll lose at least 10 pounds in a year; steal two and you’ll drop more than 20!
- Swap 2 regular beers for 2 light ones. Saves 100 calories
- Order thin-crust pizza, not regular. Saves 151 calories per slice
- Take the top off a tuna sammy on sourdough; add a slice of lowfat Swiss cheese; nuke. Saves 137 calories
- Dress your salad with 2 tablespoons lowfat balsamic, not Caesar, and add 1 tbsp Parmesan. Saves 115 calories
- Munch on 1 cup air-popped popcorn, not chips. Saves 123 calories
- Exchange a whole egg in your omelet for 1 egg white, and trade full-fat cheddar for lowfat. Saves 142 calories
- Grease pans with cooking spray, not oil. Saves 100 calories
- Enjoy pasta with 1 cup tomato sauce and 1 tbsp Parmesan, instead of Alfredo. Saves 101 calories
- Have half a bagel instead of a whole one. That leaves room for 1 tbsp PB and 1 cup OJ. Saves 127 calories
- Top fro yo with fresh berries, and skip the chocolate chips and crumbled graham crackers. Saves 114 calories
By Lucy Danziger and the staff at SELF
Sep 09, 2011, self.com