Nothing satisfies on a chilly day like a hearty homemade soup. This veggie-packed recipe makes enough for several meals and freezes well.
Total Time: 43 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 28 min.
Yield: 8 servings, about 1½ cups each
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup white corn kernels
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 3 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. dried ground thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup broccoli florets (or cauliflower florets)
- 2 medium red or white potatoes, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 cup medium zucchini, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and carrots; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add corn, tomatoes, broth, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and potatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add squash and zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes.
Recipe found on Team Beachbody Website: www.beachbodycoach.com/missykent