- If you’re trying to lose a lot of weight and get discouraged when you’ve “only lost 5 lbs” – look at the picture … 5 lbs of fat is a great accomplishment!
- 5 lbs of muscle weighs the same as 5 lbs of fat so don’t always focus on the scale.
- Muscle takes up less space because it is denser. So, someone weighing 150 lbs — if it’s with muscle they will look thinner than someone with more fat, but weighing the same.
- If you have a consistent workout and strength training schedule, you should experience a change in body shape.
- Muscle burns more calories than fat .. even while sitting during the day.
- If you begin strength training but do not increase your caloric intake, you should experience weight loss from the burning of extra calories.
Many, many more benefits but that’s a few!