May Workout is a quick workout that can be done at home or the gym. It includes strength training, core and balance work.
This workout can also be modified for beginners. If you have any questions, please contact me and I’m happy to help.
*Warm-up 5-8 minutes before beginning. Cool down and stretch when done.
- Sumo Squat, 12 reps | hold squat and complete 12 upright rows
- Keep weight in heels (not toe), knee over ankles. Relax neck with upright row and only chest level (not to face)
- Bentover Row to Tricep Kickback, 10-12 reps – Complete one arm and then switch
- Keep back flat (not rounded), squeeze shoulder blades together, row up. Hold elbow at 90 and extend arm
- Burpee with Overhead Press, 10-15 reps
- Keep core tight
- Standing Superman, 10-15 reps – Complete one side and switch
- Keep standing knee slightly bent, glute tight, extend arms and leg, then engage core to return upright
- Front and Side Shoulder Raise, 10 reps
- Keep abs/core tight (don’t use lower back), arms go shoulder height (not above) and controlled
- Elbow Plank and Stretch, 30 seconds each
- Elbows under shoulder, engage abs/core, body aligned and hold. Complete with stretch!
- 1-3 sets of the entire routine. All moves can be modified for beginners and can be accomplished without the ball.
I like my workouts to be quick and effective. As a busy mom and professional, I don’t want to spend hours in the gym. I also like variety but consistency. Meaning, I can’t do the same workout every day, all month (I’ll get bored!) but I like to have a consistent schedule for 3-4 weeks and then change.
My workout plan for May:
Monday: Insanity Max:30 or PIYO
Tuesday: Strength Workout (video above)
Weds: Cycle & Core
Thursday: PIYO, Walk or off day
Friday: 50-minute Cardio
Saturday: Strength Workout (Video above)
My plan will fluctuate but this is the goal, and with a plan I will be more successful! And, don’t forget to keep your nutrition in check. My clients have learned through our coaching program …. abs are made in the kitchen! We can workout and feel strong but if we aren’t eating well then we won’t see the changes that most of us want to see!
Disclaimer: As always, please consult with a doctor before beginning any exercise regimen. By performing any of these workouts, Workout with Missy is not liable for any injury.